Thursday, April 30, 2015

Kentucky Derby Round Up

Yum
It may be the fastest 2 minutes in sports, but you still have time to plan a little get together around the Kentucky Derby...it is Saturday, you know.  So gather some family and friends, a non-alcoholic Mint Julep, some traditional Southern cuisine, a fancy hat and some horseshoes.  Here are some easy recipes ideas to throw together for some Saturday afternoon fun.


Did you know that there have only been 38 fillies (that's horse talk for female horse) that have run in the Derby.  3 of those 38 have actually won!  Didn't know that there were so few fillies in the Derby.  Who knew?  I don't think there are any fillies in the race this year.  Let me know if I am wrong because that would be my pick!  Girl Horse Power!  Since I don't think there are any fillies, make your choice out of the 20 male horses.  They all have unique names which have to be less than 18 letters.  I am just full of Kentucky Derby knowledge today.  Ha!  So make your pick and provide a fun menu.  Maybe even play some horseshoes while you are waiting for the race.  Here are some ideas for your menu.

Mint Julep Mocktail

Hot Brown Biscuit Sliders

Rustic Chocolate Pecan Pie
I think I got you covered from drinks, to the main dish and a dessert...sorry, you'll have to provide your own horseshoes.  Have fun on Saturday!  I'll be back tomorrow.  As we turn the calendar into May, there will be more Cinco de Mayo recipes and Mother's Day treats!

Thanks for stopping by!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

You may also like:

Grapefruit Poppy Seed Mini Muffins

Cajun Snack Mix

Wonton Snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment