Sunday, March 8, 2015

Shamrock Popcorn Mix

Yum
Yesterday, the sun was finally shining and we had finally broken the freezing mark!  Getting both weather events to happen at the same???  Hasn't happened since I don't know when.
The local meteorologists have declared that winter is over!  I soooo hope they are right!
I think everyone, even those in the south, have had enough.  So, guess what I did?
I actually put the winter snow boots away.  Everyone has informed me that I have totally jinxed it, but I just couldn't take looking at those furry contraptions any longer.  Those boots were made for walking and I walked them on down to the basement until next year!  I haven't taken out the flip flops yet...but soon, very, very soon.  The snow is melting and I am starting to get a glimpse of what is underneath.  Unfortunately I am only seeing brown, but it's a start.  So the green is going to have to come from my kitchen.  Look at this!



This is such a fun snack!
Shamrock Popcorn Mix
has a light green, candy coating.  The candy coating tastes like a green apple Jolly Rancher!
How you ask?  By using Jolly Rancher green apple gelatin!
You know when you go into a popcorn store and there is this wonderful candy popcorn aroma?  If you haven't been to one, work with me and pretend.  :)  That's how your kitchen will smell and each and every time you open the container of popcorn you made...well, let's just say, heavenly.



Toss in some Jr Mints and you have a snack mix that every leprechaun in your house will love!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
3 Tbsp corn syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 box Jolly Rancher green apple gelatin
1/2 of an 8 ounce bag of popped popcorn
1 box Jr Mints
Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Place half  the bag of popped popcorn in a large, shallow pan.  In a small saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter and corn syrup.  Add light brown sugar and green apple gelatin.  Stir until combined, heating for an additional 3-4 minutes.  Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.  Place in a 300 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes.  Cool and break into pieces.  Add the Jr Mints and store in an airtight container.

Such a delicious combo!
Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment