Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings

Yum
Are you a New Year's resolution maker?
Me?  Sometimes...
Every year I say I am going to exercise more.  I have to say, I don't even start off on that one right.  I use the weather as an excuse.  Ooops, can't go for a walk...too cold.  Or, might be slippery out there, better not go today.  So then, I make the exercise resolution REEEAL specific.  I mean real specific.  I declare that I will take a daily long walk when the temperature reaches exactly 71 degrees, no bugs and no humidity...for sure I will take a walk then.  I guess I set myself up for failure on that one. So this year is going to be different!
I am making little mini monthly resolutions (kind of goes with my mini aka little recipes direction).  
This month my resolution is totally attainable!
Wait for it....  
I have challenged myself to provide a wing recipe per week until the Super Bowl!
Are you with me?  I can't hear you!  Are you with me?
My hometown team had THE worst season.  I am so glad it is over!  So to keep myself interested in the playoff games and distract myself from making any REAL resolutions, I have focused myself on food...more specifically my Weekly Wing Challenge!  Bet you never saw that coming.  Or did you?

So, Weekly Wing Challenge 1
is all about
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings



So finger lickin' good.



You know what?  I'm all about that sauce, 'bout that sauce, no treble!  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  It really is all about the sauce though!


adapted from Raining Hot Coupons
Ingredients for Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce:
4 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup mayonaise
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
Directions:
Bake wings in an oven proof dish at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  While the wings are baking, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl.  After the wings have baked for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven.  Dredge each wing through the sauce and return each wing to the baking pan.  Increase oven temp to 450 degrees.  
Bake an additional 10 minutes.


Yes, I know I left the wing tips on.  I could not get those buggers off, so I just left them.  Would it have looked prettier?  Maybe.  But, the flavor of these wings is not affected at all.  It tastes just like what you would get at a wing place only baked and not fried.  Creamy-Parmesan-finger-licking-awesomeness!  The playoff games have never looked better!

Stick around for next week's installment of my Weekly Wing Challenge!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine



You may also like:
Cheesy Onion Dip

Cheesy Fries

Buffalo Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment