Saturday, November 8, 2014

Apple Smoked Cheese Spread

Yum
A certain member of my family loves to go to the home improvement store where half the day can be whiled away.  For a long time I just didn't get it.  How can one spend hours, I mean hours, looking at different kinds of screws or bolts and washers or various types of sandpaper.  Until one day I realized I kind of do the same thing.  Most of the time I have to hurry through the grocery store and onto the next thing.  But every once in awhile I can drift among the aisles reading labels and discovering new and interesting food items to experiment with at home.  I get it...I guess that's kind of the same thing my hubby does at the home improvement store.  You know how exciting a new socket wrench can be?!  Anyhow, I came across a cheese that really struck my fancy and with some soft pretzels.  MMMMMmmmm good!



Apple Smoked Cheese Spread is soooo good.  You can really taste the apple smoked flavor!
It is such a wonderful cheese spread on pear slices and soft pretzels sticks!



Ingredients:
4 oz cheddar cheese
8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese
8 oz Apple Smoked Gruyere cheese
1/4 cup chicken broth
6 oz beer
1 tsp worcestershire
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash of cayenne pepper
pear slices
soft pretzel sticks
Directions:
Shred all the cheese.  Bring chicken broth and beer to a boil in a medium sized saucepan.  Add the shredded cheeses.  Stir over medium heat until melted.  Add the worcestershire, garlics and cayenned pepper.  Serve with slices of pear and soft pretzel sticks.



Grab a fall flavored beer and this apple smoked cheese spread.
I love how well this goes with pears and soft pretzels!  Seems so "fall like" with the apple smoked flavor.
So next time you go to the grocery store, see what you can find.  You never know what unexpected item may "fall" into your cart.  Ha Ha Ha!  I just crack myself up!

Celebrate the little things that make lifew sweet,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment