Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pumpkin Bread French Toast

Yum
Now this is a special breakfast!



I don't think this could be more decadent!
During the fall season, my family looks forward to the first batch of chocolate chip pumpkin bread emerging from the oven.  The aroma fills the kitchen and creeps upstairs.  But this time, I took my favorite chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe to a whole new level!  I used that seasonal bread to make French Toast.
It was incredibly delicious!



Each slice has a slightly crispy exterior followed by the inside which is oh so good.  I mean really, pumpkin bread as French Toast?  Your family will come a running!  Just sprinkle with some powdered sugar and each forkful will be an absolute delight!  Start with your favorite chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe or use mine which you can find at the following link:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread



Once you have made and baked yours or mine, it's time to make it into French Toast.  I made my bread one afternoon and then created the French Toast the following morning.  Here's what I did...

Ingredients:
1 loaf Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, cut into 1" slices
2 eggs
1/2 cup hazelnut coffee flavored creamer
butter stick
powdered sugar

Directions:
Place a skillet over medium high heat.  Melt 1 Tbsp butter.
Whisk together eggs and creamer.  Dip each slice into the egg/hazelnut mixture.  Do not leave in the egg/hazelnut mixture but for a few seconds.  Repeat with each slice, on both sides of bread.  Place into melted butter.  Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned on each side.
Serve warm with powdered sugar.




I think this is just what you need to ring in October!  The hazelnut creamer is a yummy addition to all that chocolate chip pumpkin flavor.  Give it try!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

I am linking up at my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment