Friday, May 30, 2014

Soap Making 101 - Lavender Almond Soap

Yum
I have been dying to make my own soap!
Over the years, the soap bars from the grocery store just don't smell right to me anymore.
I started purchasing soap bars from little boutiques or shops that actually make their own soap.
The fragances of those soaps are so good and I tend to linger even longer in the shower...husband thinks I drain the water heater due to my lingering...not possible?!  Right?

As much as I love those soaps, they can be pricey.  So, I decided to try my hand at making my own soap.

And this is what I got...Lavendar Almond Soap


Are you impressed?
I still am!


A gift idea?  Most definetely!  Or just keep them for yourself!
Wait til you see how easy!

I followed the recipe from Seven Clown Circus.
You can find all the ingredients at your local arts and crafts store.

Place 8 cubes (chopped into smaller pieces) of Goat’s Milk Soap Suspension Formula in microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave approximately 1-1/2 minutes on high. 

Add approximately 40 drops of sweet almond oil soap extract.  I like a stronger scent, so I used more drops of oil.

Add 1/4 cup oatmeal that has been lightly blended in blender to make grains smaller.

Add 1/4 cup dried lavender buds.  (I used some from last year's garden, but you can get them at the store.)

Mix ingredients in microwave safe bowl and pour into soap molds.  This recipe fills two square molds and makes 2 nice sized bars of soap.

Allow to harden and then pop out of mold.


The fragrance is AMAZING!!!
But, I have a disclaimer...don't hold me responsible for your water bill because your showers/baths will be so much longer...not responsible!

Go on, give it a try.

Enlist your kiddos to help and then you can give them as gifts or just be selfish and keep them.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

7 comments:

  1. I bet these smell amazing!!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell awesome...which is why we have a large water bill. :) I hope to join you again this week!

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of lavender and homemade is so cool visiting from best of the week hop have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'Day from Oz! I'm pinning this right now. I've never never made soap so might give it a try. Thanks for sharing this!

    If you have a minute to spare I'd be thrilled if you could share this post at my Say G'day Saturday Link up. It's on now and this would be a perfect addition.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, It is such an easy soap recipe with great results and I am all about that! Thanks for inviting me to the Say G'day Saturday Link Up. It's always fun to join the party!
      Have a great week!
      Christine @ A Sprinkle of This and That

      Delete
  4. G'Day from Oz again!I just wanted to say thanks for linking up and to let you know I've also pinned this to the Say G'day Saturday board.

    Hope you can join us again this weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete