Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Tea - Savory

Yum
Continuing with tea time...you must have some savory tea sandwiches.

Notice, I started with the sweets?
I guess you can tell my favorite!  Check out yesterday's post for some sweet petit fours

These sandwiches are deliciously simple!
It's all about the presentation...


Cucumber and Chive sandwiches are light and a perfect accompaniment for tea.

Here's what you need:  a cucumber sliced thinly, 1 stick of butter and thin slices of bread.  I used Pepperidge Farm thin white bread slices.


Blend together 1 stick of softened, unsalted butter, 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 cup chopped chives.
I cut off the crusts of each bread slice and then used a cookie cutter to punch out circles.
Spread on some of the butter mixture and top with a thin slice of cucumber.  I added a little dollop of the butter/chive mixture to make it look purtee!  Makes about 18 tea size sandwiches.


I also made Tea Time Radish sandwiches.


Here's all you need:


Simple or what?  I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese in a block.  I whipped the cream cheese with a mixer.  Let me suggest that you just get the whipped version.  :)  You could even get a flavored cream cheese if you wanted, but I like the peppery flavor from the radish and didn't want the cream cheese to override it.  Cut up your radishes into thin slices.  Cut the crust off the bread and cut into triangles or rectangles.  Spread on the cream cheese and top with 2 slices of radish.  Yep, that's it.



Again, I cut up enough bread to make about 18 tea sized sandwiches.

The cucumber and radish sandwiches look so pretty and taste wonderful too!

Put on the tea kettle, because it is tea time!
Take some time to slow down and visit with your family, friends or neighbors over a spot of tea!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

You may also like:










No comments:

Post a Comment