Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hawaiian Burger Sliders

Yum
  More and more people have switched to ground turkey burgers...I just can't do it.  Every time I bite into a ground turkey burger, I think to myself...this doesn't taste like a ground beef burger.  I just can't seem to get over it!  But recently I saw a "burger" recipe using ground chicken!  I have to say that I don't think I have ever made a recipe with ground chicken.  I wondered if I would have the same feeling...just not a burger.
But, I am happy to report that it was AWESOME!

I used the ground chicken to make Hawaiian Burger Sliders.

Hawaiian Burger Sliders

I bet you have figured out what makes these burgers Hawaiian!  Yep, the pineapple.  The combo of pepper jack cheese, pineapple and the little bit of kick in the ground chicken would make anyone sit up and take notice!  Ground beef is NOT THE ONLY WAY to serve a hamburger!


Here's what you do to make the Hawaiian burgers

You will need:
2 lbs of ground chicken
6 pineapple rings
6 slices of pepper jack cheese
6 mini slider buns
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Combine the ground chicken with the soy sauce and spices.  Divide to form 6 patties.  Sprinkle some more seasoning salt on both sides of the patty.  Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

Get your grill going and lightly oil the grates to prevent sticking.  Grill the burgers for about 5-6 minutes per sides.  If you find they are sticking to the grill, they are not ready to be flipped.  

Top with the pepper jack cheese within the last couple of minutes of cooking so that the cheese melts.  Remove to a plate and add a pineapple ring before adding the bun.  

Who knew ground chicken could be so good?

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment