Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What your wine choice says about you...

Yum


Now that you have read that funny about what your wine choice says about you, is it true?
nickmom.com has some really great LOLs.
Sometimes a great laugh is perfect during the middle of the week or anytime really!  Well, I won't tell you which one or two or three or really four that fit me.  I'll let you guess...
But there is one type that isn't on the list.  Maybe it isn't classified as wine?  So I am not sure what it says about me?  But, this is a favorite drink of mine AND it is made in slushy form...even better!


I love, love, love sangria.  I love to try different flavors too. AND I love frozen drinks!  The non- alcoholic ones really bring out the kid in me.  This one, however, is alcoholic.  It is just perfect for some of those Indian Summer days where you can still sit outside on a hot day and dream about the summer.  I know, those days are numbered!  But, in the meantime...I'm doing it!

To make raspberry sangria wine slush, you will need:
1 bottle Merlot or Syrah
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 pint raspberries - See more at: http://www.kegworks.com/blog/2009/08/21/raspberry-sangria-wine-slush-recipe/#sthash.bJMXyS3x.dpuf
  1 bottle of merlot
1 cup of pomegranate juice
1 pint of raspberries - use the leftovers from last week's muffin recipe :)

Add all the ingredients to your blender.  Blend until smooth and then freeze.  If you are in a real hurry, you can make put the ingredients into your ice cream maker.  As kegworks.com states, "the alcohol in the recipe prevents the mixture from becoming a brick of wine."  In layman's terms...that's why it becomes a slushy.  Just thought you'd want to know.  Since this is based with merlot, I guess it goes under the merlot category.  Hmmm...think that is true of merlot drinkers?


Wine harvesting season is in full swing!

Take time to celebrate those end of summer days with a glass of your favorite!  It really does make life sweet!

Christine

1 bottle Merlot or Syrah
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 pint raspberries - See more at: http://www.kegworks.com/blog/2009/08/21/raspberry-sangria-wine-slush-recipe/#sthash.bJMXyS3x.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment