Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Good Start to the Day!

Yum
Breakfast is a great way to start the day.
I don't know about you, but I just have to have something with my cup of jo.
One of the ways I like to get the day going is with a bowl full of granola.  I love to make my own because I can be in control of all the ingredients.

Granola

I have tried many granola recipes, but Ina Garten's seems to be my favorite.

Ingredients:
4 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
2 cups sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups dried cherries, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Toss the oats, coconut, almond and cherries together in a large bowl.  Pour the vegetable oil and honey over the oat mixture.  Add the cinnamon and stir until all the oats and nuts are coated.  Pour onto a sheet pan.  Bake about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool.  Again, stir occasionally while it is cooling.  Store in an airtight container.  Recipe makes around 10 cups of granola.

What a delicious way to wake up in the morning!  I love to sprinkle the granola on vanilla yogurt and add some fresh fruit too.  Yum!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet and have a great morning!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment