Monday, September 9, 2013

"Frito"licious

Yum
You probably don't know this about me...
but I LOVE Frito corn chips!
Not just a little....A LOT! 
It takes every bit of my willpower not to put a bag of them in my grocery cart every week.
In fact, I even seek out recipes that include Frito corn chips in the ingredient list.
Yes, I am addicted!

So when I "stumbled" upon this recipe, I had every reason to put the bag of sinfulness into my cart!
The recipe called for them?  What else could I do?

This recipe from www.butterwithasideofbread.com is freakishly fast, good, makes a lot for leftovers and includes the Frito corn chip!

All you need is 1 pkg. of rotini pasta cooked, 3 boneless cooked and diced chicken breasts,1 packet taco seasoning mix,1 can black beans, drained and rinsed,1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed,1 package frozen corn,1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, 1 can of sliced olives, 2 cups grated cheddar cheese and 2 chopped tomatoes.

You could really use any pasta shape you want and use a rotisserie chicken from the deli to make this recipe even more freakishly fast.  You could even leave out the meat if you want a vegetarian version.
Chopping and assembling are the only skills you need!
Mix all the ingredients above and the add the dressing.  

To make the dressing you will need 2 cups mayonnaise, 1 cup buttermilk and1 pkg. Hidden Valley Fiesta dip mix.  Just whisk all the dressing ingredients together and then add to your chicken pasta.  Fast...freakishly fast!

I bet you are wondering about the Fritos?  THE BEST PART!  Liberally dump some Frito corn chips on top or around the pasta.  I prefer to dump!

Try out this recipe when you are really crunched for time or if you have a Frito corn chip addiction like me!

Celebrate the little things (like a bag of Frito corn chips in the HOUSE) that make life sweet!

Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment