Thursday, August 1, 2013

Beating the Heat?

Yum
This time of year I should be able to talk about ways to stay cool.  However, summer has had a hard time sticking this year...at least in the Chicago area.  Really?  Winter came late, but held on until way past it's time, according to us "southerners,"  who tend to suffer through winter.  I wait and wait for summer!  It did come for about a week, but then it was gone.  Don't get me wrong.  It is beautiful outside, but I could use a few HOT days.  I guess I should be careful about what I wish for...Anyway, there are a few reasons you should have a smoothie, TODAY! 
 
1.  It's HOT outside
2.  You are in the Caribbean
3. You have a family member that has had 4 wisdom teeth pulled
 
Well, #1 and #2 don't apply to me, but #3 sure does!  My oldest is now "wisdomless," which could potentially be a good or a bad thing.  I prefer to go with a good thing.  She has been eating all things smooth, but the best are COLD things.  They just hit the spot! 
 
I pulled out a favorite smoothie recipe in our house.  We just mix together a cup each of pineapple juice, vanilla yogurt and frozen strawberries.  I also toss in a ripe banana or two.  Blend it all together and you are set!  Throw in a drink umbrella and then you are really getting the tropical vibe!  So whether you have any of the above reasons or you just feel like it, make your own smoothie.  If you are really feeling decadent and want to go the milkshake/smoothie route, try the recipe from http://justdipitinchocolate.blogspot.com
 
 
 
You only need 1 cup of cola, 1 container of cherry yogurt (frozen), 1 cup of pitted cherries, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt to be healthier :) and 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract. Just blend it all up.  Sounds easy right?  You could even add some whip cream and a cherry on top!  I think having 4 wisdom teeth pulled out is a really good reason to have one of these.  But the recipe makes enough for 4, so I guess she will have to share!
 
Take time to celebrate the little things that make life sweet!
 
Until next time,
 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment