Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Simple Granola Bars

Yum
I originally came up with this recipe from Rachel Ray and changed it up to meet my family's palette.  It was super easy to make, which was a huge plus for me!  Boy were these good!!!  I was sampling as I was making them.  That's a good thing, right?  My sources tell me that professional chefs do that too.  So, I am just following protocol"



 
 
  

 

Recipe

Gather the following ingredients:  1/2 stick of unsalted butter, 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of honey, 2 cups of granola, 1 cup of rice cereal, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
 
  1. Lightly butter a loaf pan.
  2. Combine the butter, honey and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.  Stir until butter is melted, then bring mixture to a boil for a couple of minutes.  Remove from heat.
  3. Stir in the granola and rice cereal until coated.
  4. Spread mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Lightly press down chocolate chips. 
  5. Let cool.  If it is hot outside, you may need to stick the pan in the refrigerator to help mixture set.
  6. Lift out of pan and cut into bars.
  7. Wrap each bar in waxed paper and keep in a re-sealable container.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment