Friday, December 4, 2015

High Tea in Chicago

Yum
I have learned a lot of things from living and surviving winters for the past 22 years in the Midwest.  I can spend the entire winter complaining about the frigid weather and string of cloudy days.  Or, I can embrace the fact that my Florida blood has indeed thickened and that I am going to enjoy winter.  Each winter season I begin with this enthusiasm.  This year I am going to last the entire season with that same positive outlook!  Ok, check back with me in February...but, this IS the year I am planning on LOVING winter!  I will get out and about and not completely hibernate...not that I could, but I have entertained that idea of hibernation.  Ha!  So, I am sharing a couple of hot spots (get it) to stay warm in Chicago by partaking in high tea!  One fancy and one hip, but both a delicious way to spend some time watching snowflakes fly while catching up with your family or girlfriends.



We have started a new tradition of partaking in high tea in the city during the Christmas season.  The girls love it and so does the hubby.  If his girls are happy, he's happy.  :)  Each has a fabulous atmosphere and offers the traditional finger sandwiches, scones and fancy cakes with a wide variety of teas.  Trust me.  You think you won't get enough to eat?  No way, there is plenty!  We have even had to take goodies home.

So, let's look at The Allis first.


Tall ceilings and amazing chandeliers! The Allis is located in a very hip neighborhood of Chicago, nestled in the SoHo House Hotel.


Lots of teas to choose from and just look at the selection of tea time treats!
Start at the bottom with the savory finger sandwiches and work your way up to the scones and macaroons to the most amazing chocolate cake.  The Allis is located off Randolph street in the West Loop.  You know what that means?  FREE PARKING!  The price per person is also extremely reasonable.  Make sure to hop on over to The Allis website to learn more and find out about the other restaurants and bars within the hotel.  It is quite the trendy spot in the evenings.  Stay for high tea and then maybe a cocktail later.  No need to rush away since you have free parking.  There is also valet parking too.  You will want to make reservations to make sure there is a spot for you. 








Moving on to longstanding tradition of  high tea in The Palm Court of The Drake Hotel.
Reservations are a must! This fancy high tea location even has a harpist playing while guests converse in the winter wonderland.





This tea is much more expensive, but well worth it.  The atmosphere is magical as are all the finger sandwiches and seasonal pastries.  I think the cream puff swans are just adorable!
Located on Michigan Avenue on the North end of the Magnificent Mile, there is plenty to do and see in this area of the city.  You will have to pay to park, so make it an afternoon of activities.



I hope you enjoyed our newest Christmas tradition.  If you are local or visiting Chicago, make sure to stop by one of these places for a spot of tea while enjoying the magic of Winter!  See, my positive winter outlook sounds fabulous!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Want to create your own tea time at home?
Follow my Pinterest board for all kind of ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment