Friday, October 2, 2015

Everything Potato Wedges

Yum
Glad you could join me today!
I've been a little under the weather, but little by little I am working on getting back to being my normal perky self.  Something about the change of seasons and allergies gets me every year around this time.  An apple a day just didn't keep the doctor away.  Oh well.  I AM super excited that it is October and time for all things pumpkin, scary and Halloween!  Football is in full swing and I am already wearing flannel pajamas!  I actually think I sleep better in flannel.  They are just warm and snugly.  Today though won't be about my sleeping habits and pajamas.  I know you are relieved.  It's going to be all about football munching.  I know you have heard of everything bagels.  How about Everything Potato Wedges?


Imagine a juicy burger or crispy wings with Everything Potato Wedges.  Those spuds will totally out shine anything they are next to.  Packed with loads of flavor in each and every wedge.  Yep, they are baked!  Can't beat that!


Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.  I don't think you need any ketchup.



Ingredients:
5 medium sized baking potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 Tbsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a skillet over medium high heat, toast sesame seeds for approximately 3-4 minutes.  Set aside once sesame seeds are a light golden brown.  Cut potatoes into wedges.  Toss the wedges with olive oil and place in a large baking pan.  In a small bowl, mix toasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder.  
Sprinkle over potato wedges.  Bake for 50-60 minutes at 400 degrees until fork tender.  Serve warm.


Get ready for some football!
Need BURGER inspiration?  I've got a game plan.  Just click to find 7 amazing, juicy burgers.

So...which do you prefer?  College or Pro-football games?

Thanks again for stopping by and if you aren't following along yet, make sure to sign up to follow on social media or to receive free recipes in your inbox.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine
Get your tailgate going by following my pinterest board with tons of inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment