Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Garden Frittata

Yum
I love this time of year when my own garden and farmer's markets are full of delicious"ness."
When I was in Florida at the beach, the farmer's market had tomatoes, coconuts, papayas and whoopie pies...ok, whoopie pies aren't fresh produce but they were AMAZING!  My own garden has been producing tomatoes, zucchini and banana peppers.  On Saturday I plan on heading down to the Green City Market in Chicago and I can't wait to see what they offer.  But back in my own garden, I put that zucchini to good use into mini Garden Frittatas.


Each Garden Frittata is packed!



Layers of zucchini, tomatoes and onions!  An AMAZING flavor combo for a brunch, lunch or even a light dinner.  I love how the goat cheese adds an additional layer of flavor.  
Each forkful is a garden delight!


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
1 small zucchini, sliced thinly
1 small yellow squash, sliced thinly
4 slices or red onion
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced thinly
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
dash of salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
2 ounces goat cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Butter 4 ramekins with butter.  Layer zucchini, then squash 2 times.  Top with a slice of red onion.  Divide up shredded mozzarella and goat cheese among each ramekin, sprinkling on top of the red onion.  In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Carefully pour over the top of each ramekin.  Top with slice of tomato. 
Bake the frittatas at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before removing from ramekin.  To remove, run a knife along the edge of each.  Put a plate on top of the ramekin and flip over.  Gently lift off the ramekin.  Top each Garden Frittata with chopped green onions.  


Now that's what I am talking about!
Summer at it's best!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Places I party!

Featured On:

You may also like:
Zucchini Tempura with Tzatziki Sauce

Quick and Easy Berry Crisp for 2

Tomato Recipe Round Up

No comments:

Post a Comment