Saturday, December 6, 2014

Tiny Tomato Pie Tarts

Yum
When I have a lot of tomatoes from the garden, one of my favorite things to do is make tomato pies.
Well, you don't have to be in summer to enjoy all the flavors that say summer and farmer's markets.  Depending on where you live, you could possibly still have tomatoes in the garden.  If you live anywhere near me in the Midwest, any tomatoes in your garden are frozen and black.  My garden days have long past and I'll have to wait eons before I can have fresh tomatoes from the garden.  So, I have to rely on the supermarket.  But, I have to tell you.  Making these Tiny Tomato Pie Tartlets taste just like summer regardless of how it feels outside.  The geese may be flying south for summer like conditions, but no need for you to flee...summer is in your kitchen.  This appetizer is great for all the holiday party attending you will do.  I know you are the life of the party and the party will only start once you and your PARTY IN A BITE APPETIZERS arrive!




Easy as pie to make...easy as Tiny Tomato Pie Tarts to make!!!



Ingredients:
2 pkgs mini phyllo shells
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
4 Roma tomatoes
1 Tbsp basil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup mayo combined with 3/4 cup mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Divided the 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella into all 24 phyllo shells.  Bake for 3 minutes at 375 degrees.  Remove from oven.
Slice Roma tomatoes and drain each slice on a paper towel.  Arrange 1-2 of the slices over the melted cheese in the phyllo cups.
Add Parmesan cheese, basil and minced garlic to the mayo and mozarella combo.  Spoon some of the mixture over each tartlet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until there is some browning on the cheese.  Serve immediately.




Each Tiny Tomato Pie Tartlet is oozing with cheese.  Served warm and in those phyllo shells makes them perfect party appetizers!  Bring on the sleet, ice and snow 'cuz it don't matter!  I got summer flavors in the kitchen!  Oooops, now I probably did it.  I hope I didn't encourage a snowmeggedon!???

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


You may also like:

Quick Mini Strawberry Sweet Rolls

Orange Infused Brownie Cupcakes

French Onion Sliders

No comments:

Post a Comment