Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Honey Walnut Cream Cheese

Yum


Little by little, I try and find home-made recipes for food items that we often purchase out whether at a grocery store or from a restaurant.  I like knowing what I am putting in the recipe and the fresh taste that comes with it.  It's good in theory, but not always possible.  We all live very busy lives and let's face it, sometimes it is just easier to buy something already done for you.  BUT, in this case I think you'll change your mind and make your own too.

Honey Walnut Cream Cheese is so easy to make!!!  Just grab some bagels and you can have this home-made cream cheese made up in just a few minutes...I am totally serious!


Are you ready to see how easy?
Ingredients:
2 8oz cream cheese (reduced fat and plain)
3 Tbsp honey
3.5 oz glazed walnut pieces, crushed slightly
Directions:
Whip the cream cheese for 4-5 minutes.  Add the honey.  Mix until combined.  Add the walnut pieces and mix until well distributed throughout the cream cheese.




The cream cheese is sweeter from the honey and the walnuts provide such a nice textured crunch.  Spread the honey walnut cream cheese on some cinnamon raisin bagels or your favorite bagel flavor.

Did you know that it could be that simple?
Come back again because I have a veggie cream cheese recipe that I'll be sharing soon!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Places I like to blog hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment