Friday, September 19, 2014

Apple S'more Cookie Wedges

Yum
I love my husband.  I really, really do.  (You know when I start something like that, I'll be telling you some funny hubby story.  My hubby is sweet and so helpful.  I can count on him for anything.  He is just what you want in a husband.  He's perfect!!!  Are you gagging?  Got a little something stirring in the back of your throat?  Let me take care of that for you.  He is flawed like the rest of us and has a few teeny, tiny quirks.  Let me share...I know he will be thrilled that I did.

He has a thing about touching cotton balls.  You know how people have phobias, like fears of certain things or activities or squirrels (that's a whole other story).  Well, his phobia is of the cotton ball.  Strange...very strange.  But even stranger is how he doesn't like to eat fresh, raw apples.  Now, how could that possibly be?  He says they make him fell sweaty.  Really?...I am such a supportive wife.  :)  Mind you, and I have tested this, he doesn't get sweaty or break out in hives or pass out.  It's just a weird phobia.  However, if I cook the apples...he's like a bear on honey!  And that, my friends, is where the Apple S'more Cookie Wedge comes into play.  PURE HEAVEN!



'Tis the season for apples!  I love 'em! I also love s'mores.  How about you?
And, I promise they won't make you sweat...maybe drool, but not sweat!



Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk
1 Granny Smith apple, cut into thin wedges
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add the egg.  Next add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and milk.

Press the dough into a greased, round cake pan.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17-20 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Layer on the marshmallows, apple slices and chocolate chips.  Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until chocolate and marshmallows have melted.




The cookie crust is like a shortbread cookie with the flavors of graham crackers.  The apples are swimming in marshmallows and chocolate...addicting...totally addicting!

See, I do "hear" my husband and served him something that he has no phobia over.
Aren't I just the best wife?  Ha!  Don't answer that.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Linking up with Skip to My LouGooseberry PatchLori's Culinary CreationsThe 36th AvenueWeary Chef,
Lou Lou GirlsThe New Mrs AdventuresDesign Dining and DiapersEndlessly Inspired,
Six Sisters' Stuff Truly LovelyJoyful Healthy Eats,
Morsels of LifeYour Homebased MomI Heart Naptime and Cooking On The Front Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment