Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Key Lime Cupcakes

Yum
Getting ready to head to my homeland!
Heading to Florida!!!
Off to Miami, not quite my place of birth but pretty dang close.
I am so excited for three reasons:
to soak up the sun
enjoy all the flavors of the tropics
and attend
Oh, wait...there's more!!!
I am especially excited to meet fellow bloggers and some of my blogger idols!
Wait...I am super, super pumped about attending the South Walton Culinary Showcase at the Perez Art Museum Miami...ok, so many reasons why...basically, I just can't wait!  Can you tell?
Anyhow...
So in keeping to my key lime series, you must try these cupcakes...
Key Lime Cupcakes
with
Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing


They are such a moist cupcake with a key lime cream cheese frosting.
I am in love with the citrus flavor!  This recipe makes 24 cupcakes and starts with a boxed cake mix, so it won't take much time to tantilize your taste buds into a tropical vibe!

Ingredients for cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix
1 3oz box of lime jello
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
4 eggs
1/3 cup key lime juice
1 cup graham cracker crumbs

Ingredients for key lime cream cheese icing:
1 stick unsalted butter
8 oz of cream cheese
3 Tbsp key lime juice
2 cups powdered sugar
graham cracker crumbs and key lime wedges for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Sprinkle a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs into bottom of each liner.
In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, lime jello, vegetable oil, water, eggs and key lime juice.  Beat for 30 seconds on high.  Then, blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Pour into cupcake liners, about 2/3 full.  Bake 15-18 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.

For icing, blend all ingredients together.  Frost cupcakes when cool and sprinkle on a bit of the graham cracker crumbs.  Place a key lime wedge on top.



These cupcakes are light and have a yummy, sweet, citrus flavor.  And, the key lime cream cheese icing is the perfect touch on top and compliments the cupcake to perfection!  The nice surprise on the inside is that the bottom of the cupcake has a graham cracker crust, so you get all the flavors of key lime pie in a cupcake.  Cool, right?


Wow!  I am not even in Miami yet and I can feel the sunshine and taste the citrus!

Celebrate sunshine and the little things that give life a tropical vibe!

Christine

I am very excited to say that these cupcakes are being featured on Mandatory Mooch Best of Weekend.  I am so honored and excited!  Thanks so much Nichi!

You may also like:












4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! Key Lime is such a perfect summer flavor and these cupcakes sound delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend and will be pinning to our party board. Hope you're having a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear you are pinning the key lime cupcake recipe to your party board! You made my week! Coming from Florida, I think key lime flows in my blood!!! Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Happy Friday eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, These look like a great summer treat. Thanks for linking up to BOTW party. I'm featuring this post this week. Hope you will join us again!! Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nichi, that sounds fabulous! Thanks so much for including me. Have a wonderful weekend. You sure made mine!

      Delete