Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Radish Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing

Yum
As the layers of clothing become lighter (hopefully), what we eat becomes lighter too.
I love salads anytime of the year, but this one is a favorite of mine because it just says Spring and it is perfect for your Easter dinner too.

Spring Radish Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing


This salad is so pretty and has a delicious, light lemon flavored dressing.  It compliments ham and chicken recipes very nicely.  And, the radishes provide a nice crunch.  Here's how you make it...

Ingredients:
2 heads butterhead lettuce
10-12 thinly sliced radishes
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sour cream

Gently toss together the butterhead lettuce and sliced radishes.
Next make the dressing.
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper to taste until slightly thickened.
Add in the sour cream and whisk until combined.


Doesn't that sound yummy?  I first ran across this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, April 2009 and have used it ever since for an Easter side dish.  Anytime I want a light Spring salad with chicken, ham or fish, this is my go to salad recipe.  I love it when I can make my own dressings!  You know me...whenever possible, I like to be in control of the ingredients!

Try it out.  I am sure it will put a Spring hop in your step!

Celebrate the little things, like the coming of Spring, that make life sweet!

Christine

Party Palooza Time with Inside Bru Crew LifeChef in TrainingLady Behind the CurtainStone Gable and Wine and Glue.  Party On!

No comments:

Post a Comment