Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Care Package Idea and Cinnamon Sugared Pretzels

Yum
It's about that time again...time to ship off another fun care package.

November Care Package Idea
The weather is getting cold and Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so I decided to honor both with some fun goodies.  Remember, I like to keep it affordable.  So here's what I did.
I found an adorable stuffed turkey for $5, some gourmet cherry flavored hot cocoa for $4, some fun flavored mini creamers that were on sale for $4 and a cute fall wicker basket for $2 that I filled with homemade cinnamon sugar pretzels.  The recipe can be found below.  Again, I shopped at the dollar store and my local food store to keep things reasonable.

Cinnamon Sugared Pretzels
Oh my gosh are these good.  You better make a double batch so that you can keep some and send the rest away.  Store in an airtight container to keep fresh!

To make the pretzels:
1 (16 oz) bag pretzel twists
⅔ cup vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Pour pretzels into a roasting pan. In a medium sized bowl mix together vegetable oil, cinnamon and sugar. Pour over pretzels and stir to coat. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, removing twice to stir.  Cool before storing.

These smell divine!  They are perfect for sending in a care package, giving as a hostess gift or serving as an appetizer at your Thanksgiving meal.  I have even thought about making some to put in pretty jars to give out as gifts during the holidays.  Wow!  A multipurpose pretzel!!!

Whatever you use them for, you and your recipient will LUV IT!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

And check back because I have a REALLY fun idea for a December Care package and you will want to send that out before your college student returns home for winter break...It is REALLY, REALLY clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment