Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Apple Cider Sangria

Yum
Love it!

I am a sangria lover and have been into trying different kinds of sangria.

So when I ran across this idea from http://www.howsweeteats.com, I knew what I would be serving this Thanksgiving!


With all that cooking before and during Thanksgiving, I'll be needing one of these.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of pinot grigio
2 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
1 cup club soda
1/2 cup ginger brandy
3 Honey Crisp apples, chopped
3 pears, chopped

Combine all the ingredients and stir together.  Refrigerate for at least an hour and then serve.

The ginger brandy is what lends the autumn like flavor and I always love the way the apples and pears soak up the flavor too.

Ahhh, sangria, a perfect compliment to the Thanksgiving meal!

Hey, did you know that to eat smarter at Thanksgiving you should follow the rule of thirds?  One-third of your plate with vegetables/fruit, one-third with whole grains/starches and one-third with protein should be how you fill your plate.  Wait one second...
I think the fruit in your sangria will allow you to change the one-third of starches to two-thirds! Are you with me????

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment