Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Cicadas Haven't Stopped Singing Yet!

Yum
If you don't know it, cicadas are a bug.  They are loud, HUGE and nasty looking!  However, they do not sting, bite or buzz.  A definite plus in their corner.
Now, I am not a big fan of bugs other than the ladybug and butterfly.
But, as long as the cicadas are still being noisy, I mean still singing their song...I am good.
Do you know why????
It means summer isn't over yet!
Yes, school as started.
Yes, the neighborhood pools are closed.
And, yes, there are Halloween decorations in stores.
But to me, I still hold on...probably something I should discuss in therapy?
So as long as the temps say summer, I will still share a few summer recipes!

Here is a good one...Mango Salsa!


www.simplecleanandhomemade.com has a great recipe for Mango Salsa.
I really like this recipe because it is so fresh and tasty.  It is also very versatile.  You can serve it with tortilla chips or tacos or on chicken or pork cutlets.  It just tastes of summer!  Perfect, since I am not ready to let go!

Here's the recipe or follow the link above:
  • 2 mangos, diced
  • 1 cherry bomb pepper, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • juice 2 limes
  • salt to taste
Combine all of the ingredients and serve.  Any leftovers should be refrigerated.

That's it!  Nothing funny in it at all!

Here's how I use it on grilled pork chops.  Just spoon some of the mango salsa on top of your grilled pork chops.  It just adds a little pizazz to your meal, don't you think?

Mango Salsa Grilled Pork Chops
Are you with me?
Don't let go of summer just yet!
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!


Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment