Monday, February 15, 2016

All Things Cherry

Yum
Hello there!
How was everyone's Valentine's Day weekend?  Hopefully it was full of love and sweet treats.  Luckily you can recover from this weekend's festivities with a day off and perhaps a chance to sleep in a little.  Ha!  I know that those of you with young kids don't know what sleeping past 6 even looks like.  :)  That day will come.  But, today is more than just a day off from school or work.  It's about honoring all the presidents that have served this country whether you are a liberal, conservative or somewhere in between.  So, today I am going to honor my favorite president George Washington.  I have always loved the story about him chopping the cherry tree and his truthfulness about owning up and accepting responsibility.  I know it's supposedly a fable, but there is still a lesson that can be taught from the story about accepting responsibility for your actions...always the teacher, I am...ha!

Ok...ALL THINGS CHERRY for you today!

Bing Cherries, Maraschino Cherries, fresh picked from the tree or frozen...one of these cherry recipes  can be on your table today!

Peach and Cherry Cake

French Cherry Clafouti

Cherry Cookie Cups

Cherry French Toast Casserole

Cherry Limeade Angel Food Shortcakes

Cherry Pie

Mini Cherry Trifles

Chocolate Cherry Cookies
I think George would be proud!

Have a great day
and
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Featured On:

Since it is still the season of snow, why not follow my Let it Snow Pinterest Board.



No comments:

Post a Comment