Friday, November 6, 2015

Frozen Cranberry Cannoli Cups

Yum
Every year when I purchase those bags of cranberries I think to myself, I really want to travel to Wisconsin and see the harvesting of those tart gems.  Missed it again this year!  But, next year?  I will be so there.  In doing some research, there are cranberry farms that allow you to put on waders on walk out into the marshes just like those cranberry cocktail commercials.  Yep, I am putting it on the list of 2016 foodie adventures!  In the meantime, I'll have to just get my cranberries from the grocery store unless there is a Wisconsin cranberry farmer who is still harvesting???  I am sharing a lot of cranberry recipes this month and today's recipe will be all about dessert...'cuz if you haven't noticed, I kind of like dessert...:)


8 ingredients to make these frozen goodies worthy of your Thanksgiving or Christmas table!



That cannoli flavor frozen with bits of cranberries and chocolate top with whipped cream.
Pretty fancy for an 8 ingredient dessert!


Ingredients:
1 cup ricotta
3/4 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk or cream
1/3 cup cranberries, chopped
1/3 cup chocolate covered cranberries
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles
Directions:
Using a mixer, blend ricotta and cream cheese.  Add powdered sugar and milk.  Mix until blended.  Fold in chopped cranberries, whole chocolate covered cranberries and mini chocolate chips.  Spoon into a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners.  Place in freezer overnight.  Before serving, let sit out for 8-10 minutes.  Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.




Make room in your freezer because this is a great make ahead dessert.
Grab some spoons and just pull it out when you are ready to serve.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment