Monday, April 27, 2015

Key Lime Cupcakes

Yum
Well hi there friend!
I hope you had a great weekend!
I got to spend Sunday celebrating my dad's birthday.  He turned 82!
My sister hosted a wonderful pasta bar.  My dad even brought along the album my sister had put together when he turned 70.  Oh my gosh!  Such fun looking through pictures of when he was stationed in Germany, fun times with my mom, pictures of my sister and I and, of course, the grandkids.  What a blessed life and I hope I can look and feel as good at 82 as my dad!  All that reminiscing made me feel like pulling out a favorite recipe from the past.  So, for today's Memory Lane Monday, I chose a sweet, tropical treat.



Aren't you glad this is what I chose?
Key Lime Cupcakes are incredibly moist.  Each cupcake is topped with a key lime flavor icing that ties it all together.  Come on...let's bring on Summer!


Just looking at these Key Lime Cupcakes makes me feel an ocean breeze blowing through my hair!  Yes, it was actually the furnace blowing...I live in Chicago...summer breezes won't be here yet, but I do what I gotta do to feel warm.  :)


Anyhow, where ever you live, these cupcakes are little tropical goodies!

Ingredients for cupcakes:

1 box white cake mix

1 3oz box of lime jello

1 cup vegetable oil

1/3 cup water
4 eggs
1/3 cup key lime juice
1 cup graham cracker crumbs

Ingredients for key lime cream cheese icing:
1 stick unsalted butter
8 oz of cream cheese
3 Tbsp key lime juice
2 cups powdered sugar
graham cracker crumbs and key lime wedges for garnish

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Sprinkle a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs into bottom of each liner. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, lime jello, vegetable oil, water, eggs and key lime juice.  Beat for 30 seconds on high.  Then, blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Pour into cupcake liners, about 2/3 full.  Bake 15-18 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.

For icing, blend all ingredients together.  Frost cupcakes when cool and sprinkle on a bit of the graham cracker crumbs.  Place a key lime wedge on top.


Thanks for taking a trip down Memory Lane with me.  Next time, I should probably have you bring sunscreen.  You know, for all that sunshine and tropical feel!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine



Featured On:


You may also like my Sweet and Savory Tropical Treats Pinterest Board!  I'd love for you to follow along!


No comments:

Post a Comment