Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine S'mores: L-O-V-E

Yum
Holidays and music...If I named a holiday and asked you to name a song, could you do it?
Let's try...
What would you pick for Christmas?  I bet you could name a hundred songs to go with the holiday.
How about the 4th of July?  Patriotic songs would be in your playlist, I'm sure.
Valentine's Day?  Anything to do with love, right?
One of my favorites is Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E!
You know...I'll sing it for you, actually my hubby would ask that I not.  How about I just remind you of some of the lyrics...
L is for the way you look at me.
O is for the only one I see.
V is very, very extraordinary.
E is even more than anyone that you adore can
Love is all that I can give to you.  Love is more than just a game for two.  Two in love can make it. Take my heart and please don't break it.  Love was made for me and you!

I just adore that song and it is a perfect description for
Valentine S'mores


You will L-O-V-E these Valentine S'mores.  Better tell your hubby to watch out because you may have eyes for something else!  Tee hee hee!


Covered in sugar and spice with all the fixin's found in s'mores, I'm telling ya...L-O-V-E!
But it's Valentine's Day, so these s'mores are a little more festive!


Heart shaped cookies with Nutella and Vanilla heart shaped Peeps marhsmallows?  Way yummy!
And wait until you see how easy these are to make!
You can whip these up for Valentine's Day, PDQ!

Ingredients to make 18:
2 ready to bake pie crusts
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp red sanding sugar
2 packages Peeps heart shaped marshmallows
1/2 to 3/4 cup Nutella
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Unroll ready to bake pie crusts.  Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to punch out heart shaped cookies.  Place heart shaped cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.  In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon and red sanding sugar.  Sprinkle over the top of heart shaped cookies.  Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.  Remove heart shaped cookies to a wire rack to cool.  Once cooled, spread Nutella on underside of each cookie.  Place a Peeps heart shaped marshmallow on top.  Place another heart shaped cookie with Nutella on top to form a s'more sandwich.


Such simplicity and I just L-O-V-E how the ordinary is taken to the extraordinary!
Speaking of songs and holidays...got any for Thanksgiving?  That's something to think about.  Hmmmm...     I think I'd rather put my thoughts to these Valentine S'mores!  How about you?


Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!  You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.  All the links are over on the right too!  Let's be social together!!!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

 
Featured On:

 
You may also like:
Peanut Butter S'more Cookies

Mini Cherry Trifles

Kahlua Cake Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment