Friday, February 6, 2015

Sweet Strawberry Cupcakes

Yum
OK, I am feeling a little bitter today...
Nope, not because the Bears didn't make it to the Super Bowl.  They didn't even make the playoffs...sooo over that.  I might even become a Packers fan, but that is a discussion for another time.  Yes, bitterness resounds in my soul today.  You know why?  I know you are dying to know...
I still can't get over the fact that the groundhog saw his shadow, once again, and that there will be 6 more weeks of winter...which for the Midwest translates into 12 more weeks of winter.  Yep, I'm bitter.  Just once, an early Spring would be nice.  One in which I can wear some cute shoes with my Easter outfit...no coat!  Ha!  I guess I better move for that to be possible!  That groundhog is pulled out of his warm, deep slumber...out into the cold!  No wonder he is aggravated and scared enough to see his shadow, bite the man giving the proclamation and want to run back into his hole.  I have to admit, I did let out a teeny, tiny giggle when the biting part happened BUT the proclamation still leaves me bitter!  Humpf...

With all the snow, I head into the kitchen.  Lots of hibernating time makes me bake like crazy in the kitchen.  In fact, if I had to choose baking over shoveling...hands down baking!  Wouldn't you?  Anyhooo...these
Sweet Strawberry Cupcakes
take away all that bitterness.


Sweet Strawberry Cupcakes
are so moist!  Bits of strawberries in the cupcake as well as the frosting makes these little cakes so sweet!




You know you want a forkful of these sweeties!

Ingredients for the cakes:
1 pkg white cake mix
1 3oz packet strawberry gelatin
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
Ingredients for the buttercream icing:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, beat cake mix, strawberry gelatin, eggs, sugar, flour, vegetable oil and milk.  Beat until combined.  Stir in the finely chopped strawberries.  Pour batter into cupcake lined cupcake pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Meanwhile, make the frosting.  Beat softened butter at medium speed until fluffy.  Add the powdered sugar and finely chopped strawberries.  Beat on low until frosting is creamy.  Spread strawberry buttercream icing onto cooled cupcakes.


I could just lick the screen.
The buttercream icing is so creamy and has a wonderful, fresh strawberry flavor!
This will for sure get rid of my feeling toward winter!
BTW, I am banking on the groundhog being wrong!


Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!  You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.  All the links are over on the right too!  Let's be social together!!!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Featured on:
Domesblissity

You may also like my Valentine Pinterest Board:  Love is in the Air



Follow A Sprinkle of This and That's board Love is in the Air on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment