Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mulled Wine

Yum
'Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
Really?  I don't know about you, but Christmas Eve evening, after the girls went to sleep, used to be a frenzied night of assembling and searching for parts.  We used to have to crank up the heat to provide some white noise while the hubby and I sweated feverishly!  Droplets of sweat dripping on the packages...not a pretty sight! Oh, there were creatures stirring alright!  Those creatures would crash with exhaustion only to be awakened a few hours later.  Those were the days...Now that the girls are older and Santa no longer needs to build anything (sounds like someone...not me...really, not me...was a procrastinator?  I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just saying), Mr and Mrs Claus can sit by the fire and drink a glass of warm 
Mulled Wine.  
Not a creature is stirring and all is heavenly peace.



Mulled wine is super easy to make and has a delicious sweet/tart flavor combo going on in each mug.
I prefer my Mulled Wine with a tropical twist.  I don't add the usual cloves.  I love the orange juice flavor mixed with the wine.  It almost makes me believe I am back in South Florida.  Ha!  Fat chance!  Well, at least I can try to enjoy the winter with a little bit of South Florida Flair!  :)

Ingredients:
1 bottle of red wine (I prefer Cabernet Sauvignon)
3 cups of orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
2 oranges sliced
Directions:
Place all the ingredients in a pot or a slow cooker.  Heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.  Let the wine "mull" for at least 30 minutes over low heat or in your slow cooker.  Serve with additional orange slices.

If you still have believers in your house, better wait until all the evening's work is done before you unwind with a glass of Mulled Wine.

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!

Need more holiday inspirations?

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Mulled wine

    ReplyDelete