Monday, November 10, 2014

Turkey Cranberry Panini with Herb Cheese Spread

Yum
Show of hands...how many of you can't wait to taste some of the flavors of Thanksgiving?
Not sure if you noticed that my hand did not shoot into the air!
After what happened at our last year's Thanksgiving, you'll understand why.
You see, last year...the morning of the great feast...I cut open the packaging surrounding the bird and an intense rotten smell shot out!  My turkey had spoiled!!!  Guests were arriving in a few hours and I had no turkey!  Panic set in as I raced to the store to find....NOTHING that would fix my turkey dilemna.  As the tears began to fall, my husband spotted a couple of small packages of turkey that you bake in the bag.  Seriously?  I had no choice!  No basting needed and done in an hour.  It was the only solution.  Thank goodness for sides and a little bit of turkey to feed the masses.  So you can see why I am a tad bit hesitant about the flavors of Thanksgiving.  I think I can even remember the smell!  BUT, after tasting a turkey panini at Panera...the flavors beckoned me back.  Check this out!



This turkey panini has turkey, cranberry and spinach.  But, it's the herb garlic cheese spread that brings the whole sandwich together!  Just picture it with a cup of soup or a side salad.


Ingredients to make 4 paninis:
1/2 lb mesquite smoked turkey breast
8 slices of 9 grain and seed bread
2 cups of fresh spinach
4 oz plain cream cheese
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
Directions:
Blend together cream cheese, minced garlic, basil, oregano, onion powder and salt.  Spread the herb garlic cream cheese mixture on both slices of bread.  On one of the slices of bread, layer on mesquite smoked turkey, spinach and Homemade Cranberry Sauce. Top with other slice of bread.  Place onto a heated panini press or George Foreman grill.  Heat for about 3-5 minutes and then serve.


This'll get you in the turkey mood!  It's rich and creamy with all the flavors of Thanksgiving within a couple of toasty whole grain slices of bread!  It might even make you let out a little gobble!  Ha!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

You may also like:
Apple Cheddar Bacon Paninis
Beer Mac n Cheese Soup

Loaded Potato Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment