Thursday, October 30, 2014

Death by Chocolate Parfaits

Yum
Every year, I am the one to hand out the treats to trick or treaters.
EVERY YEAR!
My husband only relieves me if I need a bathroom break.  :)  Trick or treating, in these parts, seems to start by 4 and last until 8 or 9.  Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween!  But, it is exhausting answering the door, commenting on the costume of choice and handing out treats.  I know, kind of bah hum buggish...
"You're so good at it," claims the hubby.  He thinks flattery will work.  Usually it does, but this year I told him I want a little break from the evening's festivities.  I just want to watch a scary movie and eat candy.  So, I had it all worked out until he saw the candy I was planning on using.  Whoa, he didn't like what he was going to hand out.  He told me I got the lame stuff.  Lollipops?  Tootsie Rolls?  Not lame!  Who's with me?
The hubby said he wouldn't hand out treats unless the selection was better.  Well, no one was going to put the kabash on my plan...no sir!  So I got him THE MOTHERLOAD OF HALLOWEEN TREATS!
Tons and tons of chocolate!  Now he is happy and will carry out his promise.  Phew!
Anyhow, with the quantity of candy I have on hand and the cold rainy/flurry weather expected,
I am concerned about what to do if there is some left.
I could just throw the extra away or take it to work or use it in a recipe...best way I know is using those mini sized treats in
Death By Chocolate Parfaits


This is more of a throw together kind of dessert, but just as effective.
Uses up some of that extra Halloween candy, looks pretty and tastes killer!
Death by Chocolate Parfaits are easy to make.  Start with some pre-made brownies, whip up some chocolate mousse and add pieces of that leftover chocolate candy.



You can use a box mix to make the brownies or purchase some from the bakery aisle.
To make the chocolate mousse, you will need the following:
Ingredients:
1 packet Dream Whip Whipped Topping mix
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3.4oz instant chocolate pudding
3/4 cup milk
Directions:
Place the Dream Whip packet contents into a large bowl.  Add milk and vanilla.  Whip until soft peaks form, about 6-8 minutes.  Add the chocolate pudding and an additional 3/4 cup milk.  Beat for 2-3 more minutes.  Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before using.

To assemble:
Need:  brownies, chocolate mousse, crushed leftover candy, whipped cream
Place brownies pieces into parfait glasses.  Spoon chocolate mousse on top.  Sprinkle on crushed leftover candy.  Add more brownie pieces followed by additional mousse.  Top with whipped cream.


Isn't this a great way to use up some of the leftover candy in your house?
Seems much more acceptable to eat a decadent dessert than a bunch of candy all alone?  No?

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment