Sunday, September 14, 2014

Beer Bread Muffins with Sun Dried Tomatoes

Yum


There have been some chilly nights around here and it starts to make me think of soup season.  I love the comfortable days and chilly nights...fall is an awesome season.  It's the next season in which I have a problem.  Last year I said I would not complain and I didn't.  Look what happened!  It was like the 3rd worst snowiest, coldest winter EVER.  Humpf...maybe I should complain and winter will be milder this year?  I may try that tactic!  Anywhoooo, back to soup season.  These muffins are awesome by themselves, but just imagine them with soup.  What are they?  Beer Bread Muffins with Sun Dried Tomatoes.  Absolutely delish!



Moist and tender filled with bits of sun dried tomatoes...all by starting with a beer...in the muffin silly, not drinking it.  Although, that would pair well with these muffins.  But I digress, let's check out the recipe.

adapted from Eating Something Healthy
Ingredients to make 18 muffins:
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
3 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c chopped sun dried tomato
3 Tbsp basil
1 bottle of beer
2 Tbsp butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease muffin pan.
Mix together all ingredients except butter.  Bake for 15 minutes.
Place 1/2 tsp of butter on top of each muffin.  Bake and additional 3-4 minutes.
Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing and serving.




Can't you just see those babies paired with a cup of soup?
Time to welcome in the coming changes!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment