Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Apple Cider Duffins

Yum
Although this week seems to be a warm week, the weather in the Midwest has been unseasonably cool and wet.  I love that we can break out the Fall fashion, but I have been having trouble switching to closed toed shoes.  My painted piggies still want to be in flip flops.  But recently, because it was such a cold, early September day, I had to compromise.  I did the unthinkable!!!  I wore flip flops with socks!!!  GASP!  THE HORROR!  I wore that look to the mailbox and even to pick up my daughter which was followed by a horrifying eye roll.  Not by me...by her.  Hmmm, probably could've been arrested by the fashion police.  But, I went with it and embraced the combo.

Follow me...have you heard of the duffin?
It's part donut and part muffin.  In other words, THE BEST COMBO EVER!!!
Sort of like flip flops and socks, no?

Embrace the Apple Cider Duffin!




These duffins are baked in a mini muffin tin and then rolled in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.
They are to die for!!!!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup apple cider
1/3 cup apple pie flavored Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp veg oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all the dry ingredients.  Mix together all the wet ingredients.  Mix the wet into the dry and mix until just combined.
Pour batter into a greased mini muffin pan.  Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.  Cool for 5-6 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack.

Ingredients for toppings:
1/2 cup melted, unsalted butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Directions:
Mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
Take each warm duffin and dip in melted butter.  Then roll in powdered sugar of cinnamon sugar mixture.



These are delicious and taste like what you would get at the apple orchard.  They are baked and not fried, which is an additional bonus!  The sugar outsides make these duffins incredibly good.  I think you are going to need lots for breakfast!  The recipe makes 36 duffins.  Do you think that is enough?  I am thinking you will fall in love with the duffin...APPLE CIDER DUFFINS to be exact!

Celebrate the little things, like awesome combos, that make life sweet,
Christine

Featured on Truly Lovely

Linking up with my favorite blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment