Saturday, August 9, 2014

Zucchini Tempura with Tzatziki Sauce

Yum


You are going to want lots and lots of these!
Zucchini Tempura with Tzatziki Sauce
Oh my!
I need to come clean...I made these with every intention of sharing with my family, but....I had one and then another and then another and before I knew it...they were gone!  Soooooo gooooood!



It's like eatin' chips and dip!
You can't stop at just one!
Here's what you need:
Ingredients for zucchini tempura:
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cups water
salt
1/8" - 1/4" slices of zucchini
1-2 inches of vegetable oil

Directions:
Slice the zucchini into 1/8" to 1/4" pieces.  Lay on a paper towel to absorb any liquid.  
Mix together flour, cornstarch, water and salt to create your tempura batter.
Meanwhile, pour oil in a heavy duty, tall pot so that you have 1-2 inches of oil.  Heat oil filled pot on medium high heat.  When oil is hot, dip each slice of zucchini into the tempura batter.  Carefully place tempura zucchin into your hot oil in one layer.  Deep fry for about 3-4 minutes per side or until tempura covered zucchini is lightly browned.  Remove zucchini from oil with a slotted spoon.  Place on a papertowel to drain.  Work 1 layer at a time.  

Ingredients for Tzatziki Sauce:
1/4 cup finely chopped English cucumber
8 oz plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup chopped dill
3/4 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.


WARNING!  
These are highly addicting and you may not want to share, so make lots and lots with all the zucchini in your possession.  I love those crispy, tempura fried disks of zucchini and they are even better when you dunk, I mean dip, them in the tzatziki sauce.  The tzatziki sauce is creamy and so "dill"icious!

Enjoy all the bountiful harvest that comes with this time of year!
Share with me your zucchini plans.  I'd love to hear them, 'cuz I still got LOTS out there!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

You may also like:
Plantains


No comments:

Post a Comment