Saturday, June 21, 2014

Orange Infused Brownie Cupcakes

Yum
Our downtown shopping district is filled with some popular mall stores as well as quaint, smaller stores. One such store is  Twisted Olive Imports.  It is darling and filled with all these large, silver cansisters that dispense olive oil.  They have so many varities of extra virgin olive oil as well as balsamic vinegars.  You pick out what kind you would like and they fill these adorable bottles.
I chose the Blood Orange EVOO.  Oh my, it's fragrance is out of this world!  The reason I chose the olive oil was because one of the employees mentioned how it could be used in brownies.  Say what?  She told me to just replace the recipe's vegetable oil with the Blood Orange EVOO.  I learned that, "whole blood oranges are pressed together with handpicked olives to create this unique aromatic oil."  Did I mention how aromatic the scent was?

Well, that's exactly what I did!  I replaced the vegetable oil with Blood Orange EVOO.
What a simple change that turns a yummy brownie into an unbelievably tasty brownie!  My house smelled delightful and the taste of the brownies...well, you'll just have to see for yourself.
Orange Infused Brownie Cupcakes



adapted from Sonoma Farm
Ingredients to make 8 brownie cupcakes:
1/4 cup blood orange infused olive oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease muffin tin.
Beat oil, sugar, and vanilla.  Add in eggs.  Finally add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.  Pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit 8-10 minutes before removing brownie cupcakes from pan.  Cool and dust with powdered sugar.




The brownies have a slightly crunchy exterior with a gooey orange flavored center.
WOW!  Chocolatey goodness with a hint of orange.  I have to say I am in love with this kind of brownie!
Check out an olive oil store in your area or a grocery story that carries unique flavored oils.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment