Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Lights Scavenger Hunt

Yum
I have fond memories of checking out Christmas lights in Florida!  As kids, we would put on our pjs and get into the car in search of pretty lights!  My parents always timed it just right...just as we would be returning home, guess who would be coming down the street in a red convertible?  Well, Santa of course!  Hello???  No snow in south Florida, so naturally Santa would switch to his shiny, red convertible.  Anyway, the big guy would be handing out candy canes and reminding us to get to bed so that he could deliver presents.  An AMAZING memory!!!

Once my husband and I had kids, the tradition continued!  Only this time the girls would be wearing pjs under coats, scarves, hats, mittens, boots, sweaters, blankets, etc...we weren't in Florida anymore!  I even hate to admit it, but it is the best feeling to have pjs underneath your coat!  No-one knows!!!  There have been quite a few times that I have heard moms wear that ensemble to take someone to school...just a quick ride, right?  Just something I have heard!  Never tried it myself...:)

Anyway, checking out your neighborhood's lights is a great tradition!  I have even found a fun way to "organize" your viewing!  The happyhomefairy.com has this cute printable.


So pack up the sleigh (van or car), add some warm drinks and snacks and enjoy the view!  
Here is a really simple and clean snack to eat on your "sleigh ride."


mineforthemaking.com mixed together some Golden Graham cereal, mini marshmallows and holiday 
m and m's.
Who knows, maybe you will see Santa in a red convertible!!!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment