Sunday, December 15, 2013

Eggs Continental Casserole - A Secret Recipe Revealed!

Yum
Shhh....you need to keep this one on the QT!

This is my mom's recipe for the most wonderful egg casserole dish you will ever, EVER have!

My mom used to make this.  It is one of my absolute favorite recipes and I love to make some to share...BUT...I will share it with you and you only!  My mother-in-law has asked for the recipe for years and I just won't tell her.  I always laugh and say it is a family secret.  She doesn't know about this blog.  So my secret is still safe!  However, you still need to keep it quiet and if any innocent, older, grandma looking lady asks you... Don't share!!!

Kidding?  Or am I?

Anyhow, here it is...

Eggs Continental Casserole
I really can't explain it.  It is one of those dishes that you feel like you keep needing another helping.  The cheesiness at the top that smothers the eggs and the bread crust bottom...DELICIOUS!

Here's what you need:
6 slices of bread chopped into cubes (any kind is fine)
6 hard boiled eggs, diced
1 package of bacon bits
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Butter a square baking dish.  Put the chopped bread cubes onto the bottom.  Mix everything together but the cheese.  Lay the egg mixture on top of the bread cubes.  Top with cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Look at all that yumminess!  Wake up your family with this casserole!  It is sure to be a crowd pleaser!

But remember...the recipe is a secret!  I am counting on you!

Celebrate the little things like old family recipes that make life sweet!

Christine

1 comment:

  1. making this tonight with a few changes...reminds me of a dish my mother used to make. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete