Saturday, October 26, 2013

Shrimp Chowder and Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Yum
Our first frost has come and gone.

We have had our first flurries and it is still fall...not winter!

But, I have decided that THIS IS THE YEAR!

THIS IS THE YEAR THAT I AM GOING TO EMBRACE WINTER!!!!  Really!?!

I have been freezing, even at work but I am embracing WINTER, right?

I...WILL... LOVE...IT...even if I have to dress like this...

Whole Body Sweater
Looks warm don't you think?

I guess I better learn how to knit and start knitting quickly if I am to get this done in time for the real cold!!!

In the meantime, I am thinking soup.

I LOVE soup when it is cold.  So how about some Shrimp Chowder and Cheddar Biscuits for supper!

Shrimp Chowder
I found this recipe at http://musingmainiac.com and it is so creamy good.  Tastes just like chowder from the North East!  And, it wouldn't be complete without some Cheddar Bay Biscuits!

Here we go to make the soup you will need:
1 pkg. frozen, chopped onion
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 cups of chicken stock
10-11 small red onions that have been chopped into bite size pieces
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can of shrimp, drained or 1/2 lb of cooked fresh shrimp
4 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a large pot, saute the onions in olive oil.  Cook until tender.  Add the chicken stock, potatoes, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes.  Add the shrimp, milk and cheddar cheese.  Stir until combined.  Voila!


Cheddar Bay Biscuits
To make the biscuits you will need:

2 cups of Bisquick Mix
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp of additional garlic salt

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease your baking sheet.  Combine the Biscuick, garlic salt and cheese in a bowl.  Add the milk and stir until just combined.  Drop clumps of the dough onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, melt the butter and add garlic salt.  Brush the butter mixture onto the tops of the biscuits and then return to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.

Pretty easy for a delicious warm meal!

Hurry on over because as long as it is cold...soup's on!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment