Sunday, October 13, 2013

Jump Off the Treat Train for a Skinny Burger

Yum
September started me on this slide of eating goodies.

Started off with yummy apple desserts and breads and will continue to Halloween treats, Thanksgiving pies and Christmas goodies.  I just keep sliding further and further onto the treat train!

So I decided to lighten things up with a skinny burger recipe I found at www.mostlyhomemade.com

It's actually good and it makes me feel a little better about all the goodies I have been consuming!
I CAN SO RATIONALIZE!!!

Skinny Burger

Here's what you need:
1 lb of ground beef
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
pepper and salt
5 large flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced tomatoes

Brown the ground beef and drain.  Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper to the beef.  Cook and additional 3 minutes.  Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese into the center of each large flour tortillas.  Add some of the cooked, ground beef and some slices of tomato.  Roll up the tortilla "burrito style" and place on a preheated indoor grill or in my case, the George Foreman.  Grill for about 5 minutes.  Cut in half and then serve.

Pretty easy, yummy and less carbs for sure.

I think it makes up for all the apple desserts, don't you?  Maybe even enough to have MORE desserts???

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment