Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta

Yum
My college age daughter has her first apartment with her very own kitchen.
In between studying, she has been experimenting as well as following some recipes.
I love knowing that some of my passion for cooking has passed on to her.  
Makes a mamma bear very proud!

Anyhow, she cooked a recipe that she said I NEEDED to try!  I am so happpy that I did!

Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta



adapted from Lauren's Latest
Ingredients:
1 12 oz pkg of linguine
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 cup chopped, fresh spinach
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Boil water in a large pot and cook linguine according to package directions.  Drain and keep warm.

Use a mini chopper to chop the roasted red peppers.  Set aside.  Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, over medium high heat.  Add the garlic and onions.  Cook for about 2-3 minutes.  Stir in the milk, cream, goat cheese and Parmesan cheese.  Stir for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.  Add the red peppers and stir until combined.  Finally, toss in the chopped spinach and season with salt and pepper.  Gently add the pasta and stir until combined.  Serve.

Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta




Yum!
The pasta has this wonderful creamy sauce from the milk, cream, goat cheese and Parmesan.  Once the red pepper is incorporated, the sauce is even yummier.  It IS a homemade alfredo pasta!  I even love all the spinach pieces mixed in there too.  

I am so glad that my first born shared with me! 
 I wonder what else she'll whip up in her college apartment kitchen?

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Linking up with my favorite blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment