Tuesday, September 30, 2014

One Final Gasp...Last of the Zucchini

Yum
My garden is coming to an end as the leaves are beggining to change.  This time of the year, I begin to clean  up the garden for next season.  The raspberries are still going strong, but everything else is pretty much done...or at least I thought so.  The zucchini, this year, has been prolific.  Tons the size of small children!  I thought it was done...thought...but it looks like the zucchini plant had one last final gasp and produced a couple more zucchini...much to my delight!  I am kind of sad when the garden comes to an end, so to see a few more zucchini, well, it just put a smile on my face.  This is how I used those veggies...



Zucchini Quiche!

Quiche is a great way to incorporate leftover, vegetables from the garden or anytime you want an easy weeknight meal.  Check this out...

Ingredients:
1 9" deep dish pie crust
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2.8 oz bacon bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sprinkle some of the 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese combo to cover the bottom of the crust.  Next put a layer of shredded zucchini.

Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper to taste.  Add in the milk, remaining cheese and bacon bits.

Pour over the zucchini.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.

Each slice is filled with cheesiness and pieces of zucchini.
Isn't that a great way to use up the last of your zucchini?
I guess I better head back out and finish cleaning up the garden.  
Who knows what other surprises I may find?

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine
Linking up at my favorite places

You may also like

Bacon and Cheese Fritata

Tex Mex Corn Tortilla Quiche


No comments:

Post a Comment