Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Super Bowl Idea 2 - Chili Bowls

Yum
Yeah, it's cold.
I am beginning to think I live in Alaska!  I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a polar bear strolling down my street.  Basically, I live inside of a freezer!

BUT....

Super Bowl Sunday IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

None of my fav teams are there.  They didn't even make it to the playoffs.  However, that doesn't stop me from watching the big game and it will be an outside game in the North!!!!  No more indoor stadium.  No more warm, sunny stadium.  This is the real thing and it could be brutally cold.  But you know what?  The game isn't the best part.  Actually, for me it is the snacks and commercials!  So here is an idea for a quick one...Chili Bowls!

Chili Bowls
This is so simple!  All you need is your favorite chili recipe, some shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and a package of pretzel dinner rolls.  You could use any dinner roll, but these in particular were "slider" size and oval shape.  Don't they kind of look like footballs?  Anyhow, carve out the center of the roll first.  Then spoon in the chili and top with your favorite toppings.  That's it.  Fun...yummy...perfect Super Bowl snack food, especially considering it is so cold out there!  I wonder what it will be like for the big game?

Stay warm and go Seahawks and Bronos!  I'm giving equal support!

Can't wait to eat some snacks and watch those commercials!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

Other Chili recipes you may like:

Cornbread Chili Stacks
Chili Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment