Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Butter Almond Cake

Yum
Every few weeks at work, there are treats in the break room.  These are not just your average treats.  Oh no, these treats are AWESOME!  There is usually something sweet and something salty to choose from and of course the best way to experience everything is to have a little bit of it all!  Some may see this as grazing...but I see it as sampling.  Not too long ago a coworker made a Butter Almond Cake that was incredibly good!  It required many samples...everytime I walked by, I need a bit more!

Butter Almond Cake
She was willing to share the recipe so that I could recreate it at home.  Then I could have many, many, many samples without looking piggy at work!
Here's what you need and how to do it...

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
3 Tbsp silvered almonds
1 Tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a round 9" pan.
Blend sugar and melted butter.  Beat in eggs and stir in extracts.  Add the salt and flour.  Mix well.
Batter will be thick, but spread it evenly into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
Bake 30-35 minutes and cut into wedges.


This is very rich, so slices can be pretty small.  Then I say you can eat more...just sampling right?


Butter Almond Cake has a wonderful almond flavoring that would be perfect with a cup of coffee!  Thanks so much to my coworker for sharing!

Celebrate the little things, like sharing recipes, that make life sweet!

Christine

Partying with Skip to My LouInside Bru Crew LifeChef in TrainingLady Behind the Curtain and
Wine and Glue.  I love when they host link parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment