Saturday, September 14, 2013

Starting to let go...

Yum
OK, I am starting to let go of summer...only a little!  All the apple recipes are starting to put me in the mood...a little.  So, I found a couple of really fun projects that say...well, let's say September, not Fall...not just yet!


I figured I better get some supplies over the next few weeks in order to change out my summer wreath.  I really like this one from www.craftaholicsanonymous.net  I already have the grapevine wreath, so I just need to gather a few fall"ish" type embellishments.  Maybe you already have a head start too.  If not, here's what you need...
A grapevine wreath, a monogram letter which you can paint in your favorite fall colors, some fall flowers and a little bit of burlap.  All of these can be found at your local arts and crafts store.  Pick the colors that speak September or Fall to you.  Use the above picture as your guide or head over to the above link for complete instructions.


Here is a free fall subway art printable that you can find at the link above.  Just print, put it in a frame and add it to your home decor.


How funny is that?  Do you like to be crafty in the kitchen?  Well here is a fun activity to do with the kids.  www.ourbestbites.com gets totally crafty in the kitchen.  You need some apples, lemon juice, salt, a paring knife and a vegetable peeler.  If you can't trust your kiddos with a real knife, I have actually done this project with Brownie Scouts and used a plastic knife.  Works just fine.  This is a good September project because you use apples.  Then you need to let them sit out and rot after you have carved them.  They get that shrunken, spooky look just in time for Halloween...perfect!  Besides, they are totally fun to do and observe what happens.
So, here we go...
Letting just a bit of summer go...
A good way to SLOWLY transition to all things Fall!
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment